Stafidota Sultana Filled Biscuits
Here is the recipe for Stafidota Sultana Filled Biscuits! These biscuits are a good choice to accompany your after dinner tea or hot chocolate. I love biscuits with a natural fruit filling.
Ingredients Stafidota Sultana Filled Biscuits
180mls olive oil
40mls lukewarm water
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
65mls orange juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
425g plain flour plus extra for rolling
1/4 cup warm water to cover the sultanas
50g almonds coarsely chopped
15mls orange juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon clove
Method Stafidota Sultana Filled Biscuits
- Soak the sultanas in lukewarm water and set them aside to soften.
- For the dough, mix the oil and the sugar in a bowl and then add the raki and the water until the mix is well combined. Dissolve the baking soda in the orange juice and add to the mixture. Combine the baking powder with the flour and add it to the mixture. The dough must be soft and mustn’t stick to your hands. Once the dough is ready, let it rest and begin on the filling mixture.
- For the filing, use a mini food processor to puree the sultanas and transfer to bowl. Add the almonds, honey, juice and spices and mix well.
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Take a piece of dough, roughly the size of an orange and roll it into a long and narrow sheet using a rolling pin to begin with and then shaping it using your hands. Each piece should measure approximately half a centimetre in thickness, 10cm wide & about 25cm long.
- Spread some filling across the pastry lengthwise and wrap the edges in and over, to enclose and seal. Roll a little to secure it in place.
- Place the joint side facing down in the baking tray.
- Continue until all the mixture and pastry is used. Bake the biscuit dough for 35-40 minutes or until golden, leave to the dough to cool slightly before cutting.
Want more Greek food recipe inspiration?
View our food videos.
Cooking Classes to experience the best cooking class for Greek food in Melbourne.
Cookery classes are held at our culinary school in Melbourne and include basic cooking class Melbourne beginners, healthy cooking class, private cooking class and group cooking class.