Santorini top 10 things to see & do
Here is our list of Santorini top 10 things to see & do & must visit attractions
Santorini is one of the most magical Greek Islands to visit.
Often, travellers wonder if they should visit this majestic island as they are concerned about it being overly busy. Oia is the town that tourists visit most as it is here they will to see the iconic sunset. For this reason, Oia does get busy during sunset time. Having visited Santorini island 5 times and all of those times in the peak season, we have never found that the amount of visitors deters from travellers’ ability to enjoy its beauty.
There is no other place on earth that will provide the beauty of the Santorini caldera.
We feel everyone must add Santorini to their to do list when island hopping through the Greek Islands.
Here is our Santorini Travel Guide, including some must see and must do activities in Santorini.
Top things to see and do in Santorini:
- For active people, do the walk from Oia to Fira, takes a few hours.
- Visit a winery, one the most known being Santo Wines
- Spend the day strolling through the main town of Fira
- Swim at the Red beach
- Stay in Oia on the caldera, and for a super luxurious stay, choose Andronis Luxury or Andronis Boutique Hotel or Mystique and eat dinner at Lycabettus restaurant Oia
- Have a seafood lunch at Katina’s Fish Tavern in Ammoudi Bay for the best octopus & calamari you’ll ever taste, then swim at the back beach located just away from port
- Venture out on the full day boat trip to the volcano
- Hire a ATV – Quad bike and explore the island in a fun way
- Enjoy dessert at Melenio Pastry Shop and choose a table on the balcony
- Enjoy after dinner cocktails at the Canaves rooftop bar
View a complete list of Santorini tours
Even More things to do in Santorini
Visit hot springs on a cruise and see the volcano
Take a private tour of the island
Santorini sightseeing Oia sunset bus tour
Santorini Transport & Transfers
Need to organise your trasnport from the airport or ferry port, Santorini Transfers?
Where to stay in Fira, Santorini?
For a central and comfortable stay in Fira which is affordable, we recommend you stay at:
Where to stay in Oia, Santorini?
For a luxurious stay in Oia, we recommend you stay at:
Santorini is not only known for its unique beauty but also for its local and seasonal fresh produce. One product being the very well known cherry tomatoes. For recipes that utilise the humble tomatoe, please see our Dakos recipe and our Greek Salad recipe.
On a side note if you plan a wedding in Santorini, we recommend Julia and Evita. Julia helped us create our dream wedding back in 2011!
Greek Island Travel Tours
The Hellenic Odyssey offers group travel tours to the Greek Islands, more information can be found here.
We specifically focus on Crete small group travel tours.
However, as we have visited and lived in many regions and islands of Greece we can assist with Greek travel tours of any nature.
Contact us for more information on how we can help you organise your dream travel adventure to Greece.