NAXOS TOP 10 THINGS TO SEE AND DO
Here are Naxos top 10 things to see and do. Naxos has so much to offer and is one of the easiest Greek Islands to navigate through.
Naxos Island offers beautiful Greek beaches to swim in, authentic traditional Greek restaurants to eat at and plentiful day trips and excursions for those who enjoy adventures centered around the water.
It is a medium sized island with good roads for those wanting to hire a car to drive along the coastal beaches or up to the inland villages.
Here is our Naxos Travel Guide, including some must see and must do activities in Naxos.
Top 10 things to see & do in Naxos:
- Stroll through the back streets of Naxos town which is also the port
- Walk to the Portara, Temple of Apollo & also to the Castle
- Spend the day at one of the beautiful beaches, all accessible by the reliable bus service that departs from the port.
- Venture off into the traditional villages. Consider Halki & Apollonnas to see giant Kouros
- Visit Rotonda Cafe Bar Restaurant in Apiranthos for a drink and 360 degree views of Naxos Island
- Eat at ‘O Vasilis’ tavern in Melanes village
- Have a day trip to Koufonisia Island by boat charter, Naxos Sailing or Captain Panos
- Eat ice cream at Wafflehouse
- Enjoy sweet, savoury or both types of crepes at Creparea
- Contact Eleni from Philema Food Tours, she runs food & cultural tours including tours on oil, cheese & wine but also off the beaten track tours such as ‘All the marble’ which includes a visit to a marble quarry and workshop.
View a complete list of Naxos tours
More things to do in Naxos.
Take a Greek cooking class.
Where to stay in Naxos Chora
The Hellenic Odyssey offers group travel tours to the Greek Islands, more information can be found here. We specifically focus on Crete small group travel tours, however as we have visited and lived in many islands and regions of Greece we can assist with Greek travel tours of any nature.