Halva Greek Semolina Custard
Halva – Greek Semolina Custard recipe.
There are a few different Greek halva varieties. This version uses semolina as its base.
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups fine semolina
- 1-2 heaped teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 5 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- Roughly chopped walnuts (if desired)
- Place water, cinnamon and cloves into saucepan and bring to boil. Add sugar, stir until dissolved and boil for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate saucepan heat oil, add semolina and stir through until it slightly browns, then add the cinammon powder.
- Add sugar syrup into the semolina mixture slowly and stir continuously, until smooth. Cook off for a few minutes. If using, add walnuts at this point.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Pour halva evenly into any of the following: round moulded cake tin, rectangular loaf tin, flat tray or small individual moulds.
- Allow to cool before serving or chill in fridge. Most of all ENJOY!
More recipes here.