Transfiguration Monastery Olive Oil Museum and Mulino Venezian Excursion
Visit the Transfiguration Monastery at Kastelos.
Expore the Olive and Oil Museum.
Experience the grinding of wheat in Mulino Veneziano.
There is more to Chania than the famous beaches and sunshine. Explore the scenic heart of Chania, the Cretan countryside and its hidden gems. This half day tour starts from the Transfiguration Monastery at Kastelos situated on a rocky hill with a breathtaking view of the White Mountains and the Aegean Sea. Our next stop is the Olive and Oil Museum in Vatolakkos, an old olive oil factory with a unique folklore collection of more than 100 old objects used in the olive oil production, in basic agricultural tasks or in important household duties. Passing through picturesque villages, olive and orange groves, we reach Mulino Veneziano, an old water powered stone mill, where the visitors can watch the grinding of wheat into flour.
Every Wednesday approximate duration 6 hours
55 € / Person*
20 € / Child up to10 years old
- MEAL BOX: 1 traditional mini sandwich, 1 turkey mini sandwich, 1 Cretan kalitsouni with spinach, 1 Cretan kalitsouni with cheese, 1 Cretan sweet cheese kalitsouni
- Pick-up and drop off service
- Local tour leader
- Audiovisual presentation of Cretan customs on the bus
- Transportation by air-conditioned luxury 19-seated-minibus
- Free Wifi on the bus
- Snacks (sandwiches, Cretan kalitsounia)
- Cold beverages (soft drinks, wine, beer, bottled water)
- USB charging ports in bus
- Press (magazines, newspapers)
- Entrance fee in the Olive and Oil Museum & Mulino Veneziano