CHANIA WALKING FOOD TOURS
CHANIA FOOD TOURS, 3 HOUR FOOD AND WINE NIGHT WALKING TOUR
The Tastes of Crete Walking Food Tour with a Local
Awaken your senses as you leisurely stroll through the picturesque streets of Chania adorned with such fascinating history while immersing yourself in the Cretan wine and cuisine.
Experience this interactive, fully guided night walking tour of Chania with a hospitable local Cretan host. Chania is known for its people, it’s hospitality and its local produce. Not only will you get to learn about the food and wine that makes Crete so special but you will also sample many of the Cretan delicacies. You will learn what the Cretan culture is all about as a local, not a tourist.
Savour the taste of Crete, sip on wine and enjoy every bite of traditional Cretan appetisers. Enjoy a food tasting at an iconic Cretan eatery, learn about the different wines and spirits, sample Cretan delicacies, experience a cheese tasting and view the warmth of the city by night.
Walking through the backstreets and little-known pockets that only locals seem to know about, you will gain insight into the Cretan nightlife. In between sampling Cretan specialties and Cretan wine, you will also visit at some old traditional stores to learn about Cretan culture and heritage.
Chania Night Walking Food Tour:
- Cretan traditional cheese tasting where we sample some of the cheeses only found in Chania including two glass of wine.
- Visit the most famous bakery in Chania and taste the Cretan kalitsounia and learn about all the different Cretan delicacies including biscuits, breads, desserts and bread rusks
- Visit one of the iconic zaharoplastia in Chania built in 1950 and considered an institution, to taste the most delicious Cretan loukoumades (small bite sized Greek doughnuts). These doughnuts are very different to other Loukoumades that you may have tried before.
- We will then walk to the fountain square entrance to the Chania old town taking us back to the Venetian era with wonderful architecture and stunning alleys that surround the Venetian port.
- Walk down the Venetian port to see the famous light house and Yali Mosque
- Sample top quality local Cretan products. Taste a huge variety of extra virgin olive oils including a first harvest olive oil, many infused and flavoured local honeys including the exceptional mountainous thyme honey and distilled spirits including tsikoudia.
- Our last stop will be at a traditional Cretan restaurant in the old town where you will get treated to a feast which includes wine, beer, dessert and raki.
Chania Food Tours. Price per person $150 AUD. Once you have purchased your tour, please email us your preferred dates to secure that place.
We can also customise tours to suit your needs and requirements.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour if we do not reach minimum number requirements and in that case a refund will be issued.
Please make sure to read and understand our terms & conditions before purchasing.
CHANIA FOOD Tour inclusions:
- Guided walking tour and commentary throughout
- 5 stops
- Variety of food and cultural stops
- Variety of food tasting samples
- Dinner at a traditional Cretan restaurant
CHANIA FOOD Tour Highlights:
- Introduction to Chania, its food and its culture
- Taste the most popular local, authentic and traditional Cretan food
- Learn about the origins and health benefits of the Mediterranean diet
- Learn about the Cretan way of life and its people’s eating habits
What to bring:
- An appetite!
What to wear:
- Casual and comfortable clothing
- Your tour departs at the Statue di Sofoklis Venizelos in Old Chania Market/Central Market Square , Chania