CHANIA CRETE COOKING CLASSES – 3 HOURS
CRETE CHANIA COOKING CLASS Cooking Class In Person
Join in the Greek Cuisine Cooking Class In Person with the team from The Hellenic Odyssey, Greek home cooks with a proud heritage, as we come together to create a generous spread of food and to learn about the Mediterranean diet, its origins and its benefits.
You will learn how to prepare traditional authentic dishes that you won’t commonly find in a Greek restaurant. Instead, it is food that you would expect to eat in the kitchen of a Greek home only 5-10 minutes from the town centre in a warm, cosy, inviting, welcoming and immaculately clean apartment.
The Mediterranean Diet is actually a dietary pattern modelled on the eating habits of the Cretans in the 1950s. Nowadays, it is the most comprehensibly researched diet in the world with evidence showing that it is incredibly beneficial for physical & mental health.
The Mediterranean Diet follows 10 basic rules of eating. It not only looks at what we eat but how we eat. It rests on the premise that the very basic act of eating brings people together, it creates a sense of community, it allows for discussion time and it provides enjoyment through the sense of taste. Hence, food forms an important part of the human experience. Food makes us feel, it evokes emotion and memories.
We will put into practice the key element of the diet which looks into how we eat. As the Mediterranean diet places a lot of focus on the role of food within the home environment, we will prepare all the meals together and sit down on the table to enjoy eating together.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn about the Mediterranean based diet, its health benefits and the 10 ground rules of the Mediterranean diet
- How to make traditional Greek food using authentic family recipes
WHAT YOU WILL GET?
- A 3-hour in person cooking class
- Fresh and authentic ingredients supplied by us
- Gain valuable insights into Greek cuisine from a passionate home cook
- A mouth-watering experience of Mediterranean diet and lifestyle through delicious food
- Take home recipe book so that you can prepare these dishes yourself
- A hands on cooking classes in a Greek home only 5-10 minutes from the town centre in a warm, cosy, inviting, welcoming and immaculately clean apartment
SAMPLE MENU CRETE CHANIA COOKING CLASS IN PERSON (MENU ITEMS AND DISHES MAY VARY)
- Fava yellow split pea dip
- Dakos, Cretan barley rusk with grated tomato and myzithra cheese
- Kalitsounia, hand made from scracth with filo pastry pies filled with local Cretan cheese and shallow fried until crispy and golden
- Gemista, seasonal vegetables filled with a rice and herb mixture then baked to perfection
- Chicken braise with tomatoes and olive oil, slow cooked
- Glykokolokithokeftedes, aromatic pumpkin, feta and herb fritters
- Greek yoghurt with thyme infused Cretan honey, and fruit for dessert
Drinks included: Greek coffee, Greek mountain tea, Ouzo, or Rakomelo (Raki, a Cretan distilled spirit mixed with honey)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CRETE CHANIA COOKING CLASS
Health and safety
Our Greek Cooking Classes are not recommended for those with medically diagnosed food allergies.
If you have any special dietary requirements, please contact us. We may be able to adjust some of the recipes and food to accommodate your needs.
If you are participating in an interactive cooking event, you must wear covered shoes at all times when in the kitchen.
Confirmation of booking
The booking is confirmed upon receipt of payment in full.
Cancellation and refund policy
If you cancel a confirmed booking, we are unable to refund your payment. You can transfer the booking to another person or class.
Should exceptional or extenuating circumstances arise, we reserve the right to change the booking date or cancel it. In the event of either of these, we will either provide an alternative date or a full refund.
What to bring
Beginners, food enthusiasts, food lovers.
See all our classes both our online cooking and baking classes and our in person cooking classes here
Watch some of our Greek food and Greek travel videos here