Apple pie is one of life’s greatest joys, here is a quick and easy recipe that everyone will love.
It is generally represented in some way or form in every culture. That’s probably what makes it a much loved dessert. My grandma’s recipe is a 10/10 it’s kind of a mix between a crumble and a pie.
We hope you enjoy making this apple pie recipe
- 7 apples
- 1 Girger butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sugar (1 cup sprinkled on apple, 1 cup for the pastry dough)
- Self raising flour as much as it takes
- Cinnamon to taste
- To make the pastry, mix the butter, the egg and 1 cup of sugar with a beater until it is smooth and creamy. Then add in the flour so it comes together to form smooth dough. Flatten it to a 2 cm thickness and wrap it in glad wrap. Place it in the freezer to harden.
- Peel your apples and chop them into small dice and cover with the remaining cup of sugar. Mix them well until they’re all covered and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- Butter the baking tray lightly.
- When the dough is ready to use take it out of the freezer and work with it quickly. Use a box grater to grate the dough. Ensure you grate enough to cover the whole bottom layer of the tray.
- Place the apples on top of the bottom layer of pastry. Then continue grating the remainder of the pastry and place it on top of the apples.
- Bake at 170° for 40-45 minutes or into lightly golden.
Read about the health benefits of apples here.
See more sweet recipes here.