Feta Psiti Baked Feta
Here is the recipe for Feta Psiti Baked Feta. It a dish that I can remember eating at the family dinner table. A family of feta lovers! We would wrap a chunky piece of feta in aluminium foil, drizzle it with whatever toppings we had or thought would impart a Mediterranean flavour through it, then add herbs, mainly oregano and then drizzle with olive oil. Recommendation: Use a good quality cold pressed olive oil, in Australia we use Cobram Estate.
Ingredients for Feta Psiti Baked Feta
1 thick slice of Feta cheese
1 tomato thinly sliced
1/2 red capsicum
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cut a piece of aluminum foil large enough to be able to wrap right around the piece of feta.
3. Place the feta cheese on the aluminum foil. On top of that place the tomato and the capsicum followed by the oregano, pepper and olive oil.
4. Fold the ends of the foil to form a parcel ensuring that the edges have been folded over to seal properly so no air or liquid escapes.
5. Place the parcel on a baking tray and cook for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, open the parcel carefully as it will be extremely hot and will have steam escaping. Transfer the contents onto a serving plate and drizzle with the juices.
Browse more recipes
View our food videos.