- This event has passed.
OAKLEIGH GREEK FOOD WALKING TOUR
August 31, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm$122.41
Join us for a guided walking tour of Melbourne’s most popular and energetic Greek precinct, Oakleigh.
Get ready to bite into a delicious galahtoboureko, an iconic sweet of creamy custard between filo pastry and drizzled with syrup. Crunch into the best koulouri outside of Athens. And savour the taste of Greek olives, dips, feta cheese and much more all from the passionate traders in this bustling neighbourhood. With each bite, you will learn about Greece’s enticing food culture, its history and its healthy essence. A delicious lunch at a gorgeous traditional restaurant is included. You will leave having experienced many flavours, taking recipes away with you to create at home.
- Introduction to Melbourne’s most vibrant Greek precinct, its food and its culture
- Taste the most popular Greek cakes
- Sample a koulouri and hear about the art of Greek baking
- Learn about the health benefits of Greek products
What is included in the tour?
- Guided walking tour and commentary throughout
- Morning tea at a Greek café
- Bakery and deli visits
- Lunch at a traditional Greek restaurant
- Visit various Greek shops to learn about the most commonly used ingredients and products in the Greek cuisine, including some samples to taste
What to bring
- An appetite!
What to wear
- Casual and comfortable clothing
THIS EVENT HAS EXPIRED, PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE DATES