Corfu top things to see do
This post is for those interested in Corfu top things to see do. Corfu is one of the most interesting of the Greek Islands to visit due to the variety of civilisations that occupied it and nowdays very much reflected through its architecture. It is also an island where you will find delicious food that is unique to the region. Corfu is part of the Ionian group which tend to be much greener in comparison to the Cyclades islands. The beaches that you will find here will also leave you absolutely breathless.
Top things to do in Corfu
Hop on hop off bus tour
Corfu top things to see do in town
• Corfu is surrounded by two fortresses; visit both the Old and New Fortresses
• Stroll through Spianada square and then walk along Liston. Enjoy a drink and a snack at any of the café’s along here
• Do not leave Corfu without having an ice-cream or a piece of cake at Papagiorgis Patisserie & Gelateria
• Enjoy evening drinks and beautiful views at Azur Bar on the water’s edge
Slightly out of town
• Walk along the Mon Repos boardwalk area and visit the birthplace of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Mon Repos Palace and then and enjoy a refreshing drink and a light lunch at Nautilus or Anemomylos
• Go to the area of Kanoni to watch the planes as they come in to land. They get so low that you think you could touch them, it really is an exhilarating experience. While you are there visit Vlacherna Monastery. Pontikonisi is just behind this but can only be accessed by boat.
Day trips & drives
See the Royal Achilleion Palace and gardens or take an open bus tour and then enjoy a drink at the nearby La Nova Bella Vista Cafe for 360 degree views
Visit Paleokastritsa for the day and make sure you visit the La Grotta Bar for an unforgettable swimming experience
Go to Bella Vista to see the heart shaped water inlets of the Paleokastritsa harbour
Enjoy a beautiful walk at the hilltop castle, Angelokastro and it is especially beautiful closer to sunset time
Drive to Sidari and experience the Canal D’amour. Here you will see the unusual rock sand formations, especially at Cape Drastis, Peroulades region. According to the legend, if you swim through Canal d’ Amour you will meet eternal love at the other side
Food to try in Corfu
• Try Georges Grill for Kontosouvli, pork pieces roasted on a rotisserie, cooked until it melts off the bone. Located in the area of Kontokali
• Have an delicious dinner at Theotokis Family Taverna where you must order the Pastitsada, an iconic pasta dish well known in Corfu (rooster with tomato sauce, mixed spices and served with spaghetti)
• Consider a local hidden gem, Taverna Alikes, located right on the waterfront but slightly out of town
Top Beaches to visit in Corfu
• Paleokastritsa, Ipsos, Nissaki, Kalami, Kasiopi, Pelakas and Liapades beaches
Need transfers from the airport to your hotel?
Where to Stay in Corfu old town?
See our other travel guides for Greece.